Manage episode 523104785 series 3177117
在我成长的城市,
zài | wǒ | chéng zhǎng | de | chéng shì
In the city where I grew up,
在我10岁生日那天,
zài | wǒ | shí suì | shēng rì | nà tiān
on my 10th birthday,
麦当劳在那里的第一家店开业,
mài dāng láo | zài | nà lǐ | de | dì yī jiā | diàn | kāi yè
the first McDonald’s restaurant there opened—
所以我对麦当劳有一点点情结。
suǒ yǐ | wǒ | duì | mài dāng láo | yǒu | yī diǎn diǎn | qíng jié
so I have a little sentimental attachment to McDonald’s.
那天我爸爸在电台为我点了一个祝福,
nà tiān | wǒ | bà bà | zài | diàn tái | wèi | wǒ | diǎn | le | yī gè | zhù fú
On that day, my dad requested a birthday greeting for me on the radio,
我们一家守在收音机前,
wǒ men | yī jiā | shǒu zài | shōu yīn jī | qián
and our whole family waited in front of the radio
等着听到我们的点播,
děng zhe | tīng dào | wǒ men | de | diǎn bō
to hear our request.
主持人说,祝这个小朋友十岁生日快乐!
zhǔ chí rén | shuō | zhù | zhè ge | xiǎo péng yǒu | shí suì | shēng rì | kuài lè
The host said: "Happy 10th birthday to this kid !"
这个小朋友现在已经是两个小朋友的妈妈了。
zhè ge | xiǎo péng yǒu | xiàn zài | yǐ jīng | shì | liǎng gè | xiǎo péng yǒu | de | mā ma | le
That kid is now the mother of two kids.
然后我们一起去餐厅吃饭,
rán hòu | wǒ men | yī qǐ | qù | cān tīng | chī fàn
Then we went to a restaurant for dinner together,
然后又去新开业的麦当劳,
rán hòu | yòu | qù | xīn | kāi yè | de | mài dāng láo
and afterward, we went to the newly opened McDonald’s.
当时我们买了什么,我已经忘记了,
dāng shí | wǒ men | mǎi le | shén me | wǒ | yǐ jīng | wàng jì | le
I’ve forgotten what we bought back then,
但那是一个有仪式感的生日。
dàn | nà | shì | yī gè | yǒu | yí shì gǎn | de | shēng rì
but it was a birthday full of ritual sense.
那时候麦当劳的价格还比较高,
nà shí hou | mài dāng láo | de | jià gé | hái | bǐ jiào | gāo
At that time, McDonald’s prices were still relatively high,
现在早已是平价餐厅了。
xiàn zài | zǎo yǐ | shì | píng jià | cān tīng | le
but now it’s long been an affordable restaurant.
大学的时候,
dà xué | de | shí hou
When I was at university,
我很喜欢买麦当劳的儿童套餐,
wǒ | hěn | xǐ huān | mǎi | mài dāng láo | de | ér tóng | tào cān
I loved buying McDonald’s Happy Meals,
你应该能猜到为什么,
nǐ | yīng gāi | néng | cāi dào | wèi shén me
and you can probably guess why—
因为会送玩具,
yīn wèi | huì | sòng | wán jù
because they come with toys.
算是一种收集的乐趣吧。
suàn shì | yī zhǒng | shōu jí | de | lè qù | ba
It’s a kind of collecting pleasure.
现在,在中国大陆,
xiàn zài | zài | zhōng guó | dà lù
Now, in mainland China,
已经有大约7300家麦当劳餐厅,
yǐ jīng | yǒu | dà yuē | 7300 | jiā | mài dāng láo | cān tīng
there are about 7,300 McDonald’s restaurants,
在我生活的成都有157家,
zài | wǒ | shēng huó | de | chéng dū | yǒu | 157 | jiā
157 of them in Chengdu where I live,
在我的家乡有63家。
zài | wǒ | de | jiā xiāng | yǒu | 63 | jiā
and 63 in my hometown.
那个市中心的第一家店是否还在呢?
nà ge | shì zhōng xīn | de | dì yī jiā | diàn | shì fǒu | hái zài | ne
Is that first restaurant in the city center still there?
那个10岁的小女孩是否还在呢?
nà ge | shí suì | de | xiǎo nǚ hái | shì fǒu | hái zài | ne
And is that 10-year-old little girl still there?
156 episodes